This is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis, it will not teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA England courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards and is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions.
What you learn will depend on the specific course you attend but includes:
A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA England course achieves the following benefits:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Youth Resilience UK is proud to have two qualified MHFA instructors in multiple course and offer extremely competitive pricing for organisations wanting to book full course delivery as well as running open access courses at affordable rates for individual bookings.
The courses we have available include:
All participants will receive workbooks and information manuals as part of the course content and accredited certification from Mental Health First Aid England on successful completion.
For more information or to enquire about booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org