A full two day course aimed at providing support to Young People aged between 8 and 18 years. Learners will become a Youth Mental Health First Aider. The course aims to provide –
- A great understanding of Young Peoples mental health and the factors that can affect it.
- An increased confidence in approaching young people whereby their wellbeing has been adversely affected
- Confidence in stepping in and applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills including non-judgmental listening and ability to converse with improved mental health literacy
- Knowledge of appropriate professional help available to young people and guiding them towards it
This training is extremely popular with educational settings and support groups whereby young people are their main focus. Young peoples mental health is incredibly important and delegates will feel more able to provide appropriate support and guidance to the young people they support and work with.